On Thursday, September 15th a number of our team members participated in the United Way Kick-off parade.
It was a wonderful experience, showcasing Calgary’s spirit of giving and caring. Thousands of Calgarians showed up to support the kickoff; adding strength and numbers to this year’s United Way campaign message that “We Are All Calgary”.
Over the last few years, Keyewest and Northridge have taken great pride in supporting the United Way through participation in community programs such as our days of caring, personal/corporate donations and fundraising.
It was noted in the parade day speech that In 2015 alone, the United Way helped over 177,000 Calgarians. Considering Calgary’s current economic position, that number is expected to grow exponentially this year. While we recognize that this year has been a hard year for everyone, we are still giving back to the community in whatever way possible. That is why, this year our main campaign focus will be on participation, including, but is not limited to:
- Volunteering time at a Day of Caring
- Participating in our free United Way Events
- Donating goods to the Poverty to Possibility Collection Drive
- Contributing baked good to the Bake Sale
- Taking time to listen to our Campaign Ambassadors as we focus on education and raising awareness of United Way goals and contributions to Calgarians in need
Keywest and all of its team members would like to; Thank you for your ongoing support and generosity in giving back to our community.